Saturday, March 7, 2009

Music is art too!



It has been a while since I have found time to work on technology art skills. I've been busy with music lately. In fact I/we have resurected a band that we had a few years ago, The ChillKats, named after our local mountain range the Chilkat mountains.
So we had an audition at the Viking on thursday night, he liked us well enough to hire us for the only two saturday nights he has open before three of us disperse to the field for our various summer work projects. Yesterday I learned that the owner of the Red Dog was also at the Viking that night and he wants to hire us for next Saturday night, a pre St. Patties day event. So I guess the music thing is just starting to take off then we will have all summer to think about our musical direction after we get our fill of the blues.
I got the job of coming up with poster art for our fliers and also a band logo. I began by working on the most immediate need. A poster to advertise for next weekend. 
So I'm trying to work with the themes implied by the band name, CHILL; hey there's a snow flake, a COOL looking one no less, and  a cool color. KATS; there is the center scardy cat and also the very groovy leopard pattern round  the outside. It is all about music remember, and vintage music is what we are doing, from the days of ALBUMS, hey does something look reminiscent of a record in this image? See that spindle hole at center? I have combined the elements into a kind of psychedelic mandala. There you go, not much left for the imagination, except maybe some crazy ghost writing that you probably can't detect with this resolution.
Little girl pink or little boy blue for the center banner? hummmmm... 

No comments: